Firefox and Google

_clive_ 00:46 24 Sep 07

I'd like to remove the Google toolbar from firefox so I follow the instructions as required but when I restart FF the Google toolbar always reinstalls itself...where can I find the Google setup in FF so I can delete it please?

ambra4 01:04 24 Sep 07

Not to sure why any one would want to remove google in firefox but if you want to

Go to this site

click here

birdface 01:08 24 Sep 07

Have you tried the Dropdown bar.Manage search Engine.And remove Google.Now I have never tried it so unsure if it will work or not.But worth a try.

birdface 08:10 24 Sep 07

Sorry cancel that last one.I thought you meant the address bar.Can you not remove it from add remove.Or maybe delete Firefox run C Cleaner and reinstall Firefox without the toolbar.click here Now I do not know if the toolbar is an add on or not.If so it would be.Tools Add-Ons.Click on Google Toolbar.And press uninstall.Then you need to close Firefox and then restart it for it to take effect..

_clive_ 07:51 26 Sep 07

Yes, the Google Toolbar is the offender...no i didn't install it seperately. When i select Options > Help > Uninstall i get the notification to close FF to complete the uninstall, but when i relaunch FF the first thing that happens on opening is a pop-up box saying congratulations, you have just installed the Google Toolbar and there it is again.

I'm sure i downloaded FF direct from Mozilla but may be wrong...if i downloaded it from elsewhere might that be the problem?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017