Firefox error on Jobcentre website

BBez 18:12 03 Sep 05

Hi all, hope someone can help...

i use firefox as my primary browser but when i hit the jobcentre's site search page click here in firefox, all the job groups are missing from the form lists, i use iE to access it and it's fine...

don't think it's a java error as i enabled java in Firefox and other java sites work fine...

any help, tia...

Diodorus Siculus 18:13 03 Sep 05

It doesn't work for anyone as far as I know - I remember this coming up before and not being resolved.

VoG II 18:14 03 Sep 05

Its the same for me in Firefox.

mattyc_92 18:15 03 Sep 05

This is what I get.... click here

octal 19:05 03 Sep 05

It works in Opera. But it doesn't work in firefox, Epiphany or Konqueror, or any Mozilla product come to that.

ashdav 19:39 03 Sep 05

UK gov sites do not use the correct protocols to be accessed by Mozilla/Netscape correctly. It's their fault they are behind the times.

djbenny 19:42 03 Sep 05

some sites are not tested in different browsers other than IE but they should be now as more and
more people are moving different browsers i have had problems accessing different sites with my firefox like a text input box not appearing

interzone55 20:53 03 Sep 05

The simplest way to view these offending web sites is to install the IE View extension click here
This allows you to right click a link and open it in Internet Explorer, essential if you want to view the Odeon's website properly

octal 21:07 03 Sep 05

Thanks for that, bit of a problem this end, no IE on Linux :-)

octal 21:11 03 Sep 05

Not strictly true, I have got IE in my fake Windows folder but I don't use it because I got a spyware programme visiting only one site!

BBez 21:08 05 Sep 05

thanks to all for the effort and feedback, at least i know it's not my setup, alan14, tnx, a simple but effective workaround for me...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now