FireFox download helper

iqs 21:23 20 Oct 07

Hi,I have finally managed to install a version of FireFox which works on my PC.

I have also installed the FireFox addon Download helper.

I have tried to download a video from Youtube,using this addon.But its not working correctly.The file has been saved to the PC,I believe,but it will not play back.

Can anyone offer a step by step guide detailing the correct routine for downloading and viewing at a later date please.Thanks

C3 22:30 20 Oct 07

Go to the YouTube page
The 3 balls icon should be rotating
Click the little arrow next to it. Choose the file that ends in .flv . When the save box comes up, make sure to put .flv on the end of the file name.

You can use lots of different programs for playing flv files. Personally I use the k-lite codec pack for all my video playback needs. You can google for it.

octal 22:33 20 Oct 07

I've just installed this on my system to see if I can help you, but YouTube is not working at the moment so I can't test it.

If you have a look in the download folder what format is the download? The reason I ask is that you need a player that will play Flash video files, the extension on the file should be FLV

There is one player that will play Flash videos and that is VLC from click here

Stuartli 00:08 21 Oct 07

I use Save2PC (formerly YouTube Downloader). See:

click here

iqs 20:09 21 Oct 07

C3,octal and Stuartli.Many thanks for all your help.I have been downloading from YouTube for the past few hours,with your help.Problem solved.

Cheers again .

Regards, IQS

FatboySlim71 21:30 21 Oct 07

I use this site for downloading videos off YouTube click here

Stuartli 23:10 21 Oct 07

Save2PC is much more straightforward and very easy to use...:-)

Just create a folder for downloaded YouTube or other sites' videos and away you go - initially establish the folder as the target, copy and paste the required video link into Save2PC in turn and click Start.

FatboySlim71 09:02 22 Oct 07

Thanks Stuartli, I'll give it a try next time I download of YouTube.

bretsky 12:20 23 Oct 07

Thanx Stuartli for the Save2PC link, just purchased the full version, my nephew who lives in the states always put stuff on youtube which now I can save to my pc for my family to view on either WMP or another good freebie viewer Xnview browser at our leisure.

bretsky ;0)

Stuartli 13:50 23 Oct 07

Save2PC is completely free...:-)

Somewhat puzzled as to what you have purchased.

bretsky 15:19 23 Oct 07

Yes I know, but I do multiple downloads and also the program give you technical specs like download size etc etc.

click here

bretsky ;0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…