firefox crashing

gazzaboy20 23:25 03 Jan 12

hi all.Since i updated my firefox to latest one it crashes nearly all the time? can i go back to old version ??

robin_x 23:50 03 Jan 12

Old versions at filehippo

Just install over the top of what you have.

You can turn autoupdate off in Tools/Options/Advanced/Update Tab.

Mozbackup is useful for safety.

spuds 07:07 04 Jan 12

What operating system are you using, because there are some known problems with latest Firefox and certain O/S's.

birdface 09:47 04 Jan 12

Delete Firefox and the install it again should fix the problem.

gazzaboy20 17:09 04 Jan 12

its vista. Going to restore now

Muergo 19:56 04 Jan 12

What do you mean by crashing, a black/blue screen or a hazy misty screen with title bar saying "firefox is not responding" ?
The latter is not a real crash, just give it time or refresh and it will get back to normal.

I have found this recurring more frequently with FF9, as it auto reports I think an update is probably on the cards.

Muergo 19:56 04 Jan 12

What do you mean by crashing, a black/blue screen or a hazy misty screen with title bar saying "firefox is not responding" ?
The latter is not a real crash, just give it time or refresh and it will get back to normal.

I have found this recurring more frequently with FF9, as it auto reports I think an update is probably on the cards.

gazzaboy20 16:27 10 Jan 12

no it just closes browser for no reason. Then asks for a crash report. I have installed version 8.0 and it is ok at the moment.The only annoying thing is the real download for You Tube dosnt work anymore.

Muergo 18:12 10 Jan 12

Sounds like you have an add on causing trouble. You could try disabling them one by one to see which one it is.

Alternatively, as I did, start afresh with a new profile.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now