Firefox crashes when using "Save Image as..."

quaggydog 23:21 03 Apr 05

When I try and save an image from a webpage using the Firefox right click context menu - Firefox just crashes. I am running Win XP Home SP2. The problem does NOT occur on either of my other 2 PCs - laptops running Win XP Pro SP1 and Win 98SE respectively. Anyone else had this problem and/or have a solution for me?

LastChip 23:42 03 Apr 05

Firefox for me has been as stable as a rock - even pre-version 1.0 builds.

If I were you, if you haven't tried it already, go to ADD/Remove programs and un-install it, then try a reinstall.

All your profiles will remain intact, so you wont loose any Bookmarks or whatever. If you want to be extra safe, you can backup your profile. Instructions are on the Mozilla site.

quaggydog 09:18 04 Apr 05

Thanks. Yes I have tried reinstalling but no joy. I am starting to think I may have a corrupt installation of Win XP. Any other ideas from anyone?

geekygirl 12:24 04 Apr 05

The same thing happened to me sometime ago, but with internet explorer. I had to re-install the whole thing because I had lost files after a spybot s&d session! It seemingly destroyed things I didn't want destroying. You could also try a system repair with your original disc of whichever operating system you use.

quaggydog 20:45 05 Apr 05

Is a system repair straightforward? (I am new to XP). Can I just run a "repair" from my Mesh recovery disk without jeopardising my previously installed drivers and programs?

octal 20:52 05 Apr 05

Try uninstalling Firefox completely, then reinstalling it, including your profile folder for FF, make sure you save your favorites first also you'll have to reinstall any extensions you've loaded. This shows were the profile folder is located: click here its been know the profile folder can get corrupted.

quaggydog 23:01 06 Apr 05

Thanks everyone. Thanks octal! Your solution worked. I am a very happy dog!

octal 06:33 07 Apr 05

Thanks for the feedback, its appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…