Firefox crashed

griffon56 01:56 AM 22 Jan 12

Hi Everybody,

My Packard-Bell iMedia runs Win 7 64 bit Home Premium. The latest auto update of Firefox reports that it has crashed each time it is opened. A report has been sent to Mozilla. The first crash happened after I had installed a copy of the Open Source VirtualBox program from Oracle Software. My Huawei SmartAx MT882 modem also corrupted but has been reset OK, so I have net access thro' IE8.

How can I revive Firefox without losing the many Bookmarks and other settings? I know where the Profile is in the App Data folder and I also have a fairly old backup, but I'm reluctant to install a new copy of Firefox if I can't restore the original profile. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance. R

northumbria61 12:01 PM 22 Jan 12

You won't lose your settings if you uninstall and reinstall Firefox - enter link description here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11