Firefox corrupted

TommyRed 17:57 21 Oct 05

My firefox browser has become corrupted, all top taskbars, menu's are jumbled up and drop downs are blacked out. It will open up ok in safe mode, have removed and re-installed through add/remove programs but it is still corrupted, any ideas how to resolve? TIA TR

splork 18:11 21 Oct 05

You'll probably have to uninstall Firefox again, delete or rename your old profile, in \Documents and Settings\[ {account name} \Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\, then reinstall.
Perhaps completely empty your "Program Files\Mozilla Firefox" folder after uninstall too.

You can probably retrieve your bookmarks if you just rename the profile folder and look through it

octal 18:35 21 Oct 05

Additionally to splork's info this site will help you manage your profile folder. click here

TommyRed 20:01 21 Oct 05

Managed to create a new profile and all appears to be working ok except when I attempt to connect to 'themes and extensions' I get a box saying "You cannot connect to add-ons.mozilla.org because SSL is blocked" what does this mean and how do I resolve it, thanks. TR

TommyRed 20:27 21 Oct 05

^

TommyRed 21:06 21 Oct 05

Sorted it, because Firefox was originally corrupted I'd opened Avant up and was attempting to download from there, once I'd changed it back into Firefox everything was tickety-boo. TR

octal 21:08 21 Oct 05

Good stuff! I was just about to answer you, I'm glad its sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…