Firefox "Clear Private Data "

subi 13:31 14 Dec 07

Does the "Clear Private Data" function in Mozilla Firefox erase the browser files completely ( cannot be retrieved ) or is it similar to I.E. (stored in the Index.dat.)?

Stuartli 13:38 14 Dec 07

From the Privacy tab>Always clear my private data when I close Firefox>Settings button, you can decide from the menu which private data you wish to retain or erase.

subi 13:44 14 Dec 07

Thanks Stuartli---I understand and am using the function. What I would like to know, is the "Clear Private Data" the same as using an Eraser Program?
Or is it like deleting files on I.E. which although they look like they are deleted they, in fact, are still stored in the Index.dat. folder.

octal 14:26 14 Dec 07

I think you'll find they are deleted in Firefox, there's no equivalent to index.dat.

MAJ 14:30 14 Dec 07

Firefox doesn't use an index.dat file, subi, but it stores it's info in the "C:\Documents and Settings\< your username>/Application Data/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/< your profilename>/Cache", folder. You could try it out, see if it deletes everything.

subi 17:20 14 Dec 07

Thanks everyone for your help...I will check the folder the folder to see if the files have been deleted

subi 17:30 14 Jan 08

Everything is fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5