Firefox with bt yahoo home page

willo500 12:20 19 Mar 05

I installed firefox and made it the default browser. In order to avoid the bt yahoo browser I asked it to use Firefox, which is fine, but whenever I start up Firefox, it goes to the bt yahoo home page overriding the home page I have set with Firefox.

Can you tell me how to avoid this please?

Will

Stuartli 12:28 19 Mar 05

Presuming you have set your default page from Firefox's Options>General tab, did you import the settings from the Yahoo browser as well (File>Import)?

Pegasus. 12:28 19 Mar 05

Willo500.

Open Firefox, Click: Tools-Options-General,then Add whichever URL You want to Use as Your Homepage in the top box!

willo500 21:13 19 Mar 05

Hi

Yes to both of these. I have done this but bt yahoo seems to override these. Any suggestions as to what the next step could be?

octal 22:30 19 Mar 05

I'm not sure if this will help, if you type about:config in the address bar then scroll down to browser.startup.homepage and make sure its set to http ://www. whateverhomepageyouwant.com then the next entry browser.startup.homepage_override.1 should be set as false.

This is a screen shot of my set-up: click here

pc moron 23:35 19 Mar 05

Make sure the Home Page you have in mind is in Firefox's Bookmarks.

Then, under the option to set your Home Page, select Use Bookmark, and select the appropriate bookmark.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…