Firefox browser address bar missing

bumpkin 15:18 24 Nov 13
Answered

Hello, I am using Firefox and the address bar has vanished,it was there yesterday. System restore does not fix it. OS is W7.

Graphicool1 15:38 24 Nov 13

Hi Bumpkin

Yeah, that's odd, it comes and goes on my PC too, at random times. You could try just turning FF it off and on again. Or see if there are any updates?

bumpkin 16:55 24 Nov 13

Hi, thanks for the info, if it also happens to you then probably not my PC or something I have done. I have tried restarting it but no good, I will see what it does tomorrow, may try re-installing it.

bumpkin 17:18 24 Nov 13
Answer

I don't know if this is any help to you but in my case I found that the navigation toolbar had become unchecked, back to normal now.

Graphicool1 17:47 24 Nov 13

"the navigation toolbar had become unchecked"

In that case I don't think that your problem was caused by the same thing as mine. As, if I'm reading it right, it's only happened once to you? However with me it happens intermittently and when it does I'm unable to check the 'Navigation Toolbar', as there isn't anywhere to click. Meaning that the white page background goes right to the top of the window. Even the Firefox logo (top left) doesn't show.

This has only recently started happening and few and far between and doesn't last long. It isn't a problem, because when it happens I just switch to 'Ice Dragon', one of my backup browsers. It's always a good idea to have more than one browser, just in case.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac