Firefox and bookmarks

logoff 19:55 27 Nov 05

Hi

Have been using Firefox in last few weeks without any problems. Yesterday though found all bookmarks, which had been carefully arranged and organised had completely disappeared.
Does anyone know why this should be and if there is a way of retrieving them!
Using Windows XP Home SP2

broggs 19:57 27 Nov 05

happened to me as well..lost them all.Could not retreive them.
there are some other threads about this on here that give you help recoveering them.
good luck

logoff 21:08 27 Nov 05

Thanks. Can see there is a way of creating and saving profiles etc.

It is still annoying to lose all bookmarks though.
Cheers.

Hamish 21:28 27 Nov 05

Do not really know but try a search for bookmarks in files & Folder You could also try a system restore.

No idea if it will work but can not do any harm

GaT7 21:41 27 Nov 05

See if this is any help click here. G

logoff 08:04 28 Nov 05

Thanks for the advice. This is clearly an issue. Probably the simplest way to protect is to export bookmarks into Internet Explorer at regular intervals. Can then re-import them if they get lost!

kevinjuan 08:38 28 Nov 05

I have been using Firefox for 12 months or so and have not had any trouble at all. Have you recently installed any other software? Have you run anti-virus software?

c4rmo 08:57 28 Nov 05

i lost mine when i updated to a newer version. Now i always backup my bookmarks so if i ever lose them i can quickly restore them

dogbreath1 09:43 28 Nov 05

Two FF extensions which you might find useful are click here
and click here. Either or both could prevent a recurrence of your problem.

logoff 20:57 28 Nov 05

kevinjuan -thanks for the message-I have NAV loaded and runs regularly but has done for some years. I have been using Ewido recently in an attempt to get rid of TBPS.exe (see thread on subject) and CCleaner.

dogbreath1-that looks like just what I need-will try this out.

Thanks for all the helpful advice

Kind regards
L

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…