Firefox bookmarks

steve263000 10:00 06 Jun 05

I am sure that regular users of Firefox have this sorted, but I have only just started with this browser. When I have opened all the tabs that I require, can I then save that page so that the next time that I require the same tabs, I can just click on a button or link somewhere?

And how do you download the anti-phishing toolbar? I did spot one thread on it, but that meant downloading another toolbar from another company, and this I am reluctant to do.

DieSse 10:09 06 Jun 05

One of the main features of FireFox is that it's open-source. This means other parties are encouraged and helped to provide add-ons and extensions.

Thus it's more than likely that these will come from other sources than Mozilla.

You've been too conditioned by MS!!

DieSse 10:14 06 Jun 05

PS - the well respected Netcraft toolbar is also available for Internet Explorer.

DieSse 10:18 06 Jun 05

PPS - forgot to add the link click here

PurplePenny 10:40 06 Jun 05

There are two ways of doing it. The first is to add all the pages that you want to open at start-up as home pages in Tools>Options>General. Just separate each URL with a "|".

The second method is to create a folder in your bookmarks and add all the URLs to the folder. You can then open them all at once by opening the folder and selecting "open in tabs". This method is better for groups of URLs that you might want to open at the sam etime but not necessarily evry time you start Firefox.

Actaully there may be three methods, I'll post again when I've checked.

PurplePenny 10:51 06 Jun 05

is to add them to your Bookmarks Toolbar folder (Bookmarks>Manage bookmarks) . The then appear in your bookmarks toolbar and you can open them all at once with "open in tabs". (I'd forgotten about this one I don't have the Bookmarks toolbar showing.)

steve263000 12:14 06 Jun 05

Penny,and others, thank you for your responses. The 3rd Way that purplepenny described is what worked best for me. I will give the Netcraft toolbar a try, although as I said more toolbars I could do without. But then I could do without phishing as well!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…