Is Firefox any good.

Cymro. 18:58 18 Aug 06

On another posting on this sight some one recommends using Firefox as an alternative browser. I now use Internet Explorer and Google. So would there be any advantage if I download Firefox and then use it.

SANTOS7 19:01 18 Aug 06

try it , if you do not like it uninstall it, but when you do you will wonder why you did not try long ago.
Its in my opinion a safer and faster altrnative to Explorer.....

VoG II 19:02 18 Aug 06

Yes, I much prefer it to IE.

You can get it if you click here

Google Toolbar for Firefox click here

Cymro. 19:07 18 Aug 06

That`s good enough for me. I will give it a try. Thanks all.

Kate B 19:07 18 Aug 06

Yes, Firefox is a super browser and a safer one as it doesn't allow ActiveX scripts to run. There is a school of thought that says if you're careful about your surfing and use Firefox, you can dispense with the services of AV and anti-Trojan etc software - not something I'd recommend to someone preferring to run IE.

Les T 19:26 18 Aug 06

It's up to the individual, but i personally use Firefox as my main browser now. I use IE when i'm selling something on eBay, as the descriptions are easier to write using IE.

Belatucadrus 19:28 18 Aug 06

"There is a school of thought that says if you're careful about your surfing and use Firefox, you can dispense with the services of AV and anti-Trojan etc software"

Bad school of thought, while Firefox will suffer much less from the depredations of the Spy/Malware writers, it offers no real protection from mail worms and trojans. Do not neglect your Anti Virus protection.

Ray5776 19:37 18 Aug 06

It`s very good, it beats IE hands down in my opinion.

CurlyWhirly 20:11 18 Aug 06

I'm also a Firefox fan.

jimv7 20:14 18 Aug 06

Not to mention the Add-ons for firefox click here

Stuartli 20:22 18 Aug 06

Yes.

Even better when tuned with Finetune for Firefox, free from:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac