firefox and Adobe Flash Player

Billawa 19:24 13 Feb 09

I run both Firefox and Opera as browsers.

I have tried to install the Firefox version of Adobe Flash Player. It downloads OK but looking st the details of the download it has installed it in Opera. Firefox still tells me that I need to get Adobe! I do not seem to be able to install it in Firefox. Any thoughts as to why - other than uninstall Opera?

Running WinXP SP3.

knockin on 19:34 13 Feb 09

Maybe it installs only to your default browser? If so temporarily change your default whilst you install Adobe.

skidzy 20:27 13 Feb 09

If you have installed the correct Flashplayer (non-IE) it should work in Opera and Firefox click here

If you still have a problem,run the installer and reboot and reinstall from the above link.

Uninstall flash click here

skidzy 20:28 13 Feb 09

typo;

Should read
" run the uninstaller "

Billawa 19:05 14 Feb 09

knockin on/skidzy

Firefox is set as my default browser.
I have used the Adobe uninstaller and then downloaded the non IE version from the link given as suggested. The result is the same - it is loaded to Opera not Firefox.

Any other thoughts?

Billawa 18:29 15 Feb 09

I have now uninstalled Opera but the result is a message that installation in OPERA failed. How do I get it to install in Firefox having downloaded the non IE version of Adobe?

Billawa 18:29 15 Feb 09

I have now uninstalled Opera but the result is a message that installation in OPERA failed. How do I get it to install in Firefox having downloaded the non IE version of Adobe?

skidzy 08:18 16 Feb 09

Try from click here

If the above fails;

Navigate to;

c:\windows\system32\macromed\flash

And right click and rename

NPSWF32.DLL to NPSWF32.OLD

And reboot.

Run Ccleaner and install Flashplayer from click here

If this still fails you;

Navigate to;

c:\windows\system32\macromed

And right click the folder and delete-then run Ccleaner,now reboot and try the reinstall again.

It is important you run ccleaner after any removal

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009