Firefox 8 Update

Boghound 09 Nov 11
Answered

Anyone updated to Firefox 8 without pulling their hair out over all the add-ons extensions being disabled or disappearing? Is there a way to avoid laboriously installing them all? Thank God I've more then one PC!!!!

mikef. 09 Nov 11

No problems here on all three computers, one desktop, one laptop and a netbook

buteman 09 Nov 11

When updating it did ask if you wanted to save your add-ons maybe you missed it.

Maybe best removing firefox completely and just updating the latest version.

I have no problem since updating earlier except it is slow opening PCA and it's pages but I think that is down to PCA and not Firefox.

Boghound 09 Nov 11

Thanks Buteman.....I must have missed that...Did you use the Firefox update or a download file?

buteman 09 Nov 11

No just used the update in help, and about Firefox.

cocteau48 09 Nov 11
Answer

"is there a way to avoid laboriously installing them all? Thank God I've more then one PC!!!!"

If you have got the same Firefox setup on your other PC then use Mozbackupenter link description here to transfer your profile across from one machine to the other.

This should transfer all bookmarks and add-ons etc.

northumbria61 09 Nov 11

Good link here regarding the Add-Ons enter link description here

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message