Firefox 8 any problems ??

Muergo 18:47 PM 10 Nov 11

I read that northumbria has stuck with FF7 until bugs are ironed out on 8, but I thought FF8 was supposed to cure bugs on FF7 so has anybody tried FF8 before I install it.?/

sunnystaines 18:57 PM 10 Nov 11

ok here, depends on your addons.

birdface 19:41 PM 10 Nov 11

No bugs on 8 just make sure you save add-ons when updating.

northumbria61 21:12 PM 10 Nov 11

Hi Muergo - I was just making the comments in relation to the earlier Post and the problems jennydog appeared to have encountered. I have also read that although Firefox 8 is offered as an update it is best to uninstall your previous version first before install.

I can't comment any further as I am delaying trying it - the choice is down to you.

northumbria61 21:13 PM 10 Nov 11

However - that is not to say I won't try it tomorrow !!

Woolwell 22:11 PM 10 Nov 11

I haven't had any snags at all.

Bobolink 23:07 PM 11 Nov 11

MacBook Pro running 10.5.8 using Microsoft Outlook Web App 2010 version. Email attachments pdfs, jpgs, etc download as ashx files which do not open unless you change them to the proper extensions. This was not a problem with earlier releases of Firefox and is not a problem with Chrome and Safari browsers. Firefox Preferences > Applications changes to indicate proper extensions are not effective.

Muergo 23:22 PM 11 Nov 11

I have been running FF8 all day after what was just an upgrade, everything came back and I can't see any differences yet, apart from little snag with JAVA but that's normal, all my addons extensions working fine.

Don't know what Bobolink is getting at, has he got the right thread? for MacbookPro.?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…