Firefox 3........slow or what.........?

Dasmad 22:39 23 Sep 08

so what really is the story here - do people think FF3 is a great step forward, or are the comments I keep reading about slowness and other problems just the tip of an iceberg. personally i was perfectly content with FF2, and imagined FF3 would put me in 7th heaven, but apart from a few niceties which it has, it seems to have slowed everything down and inclines me to revert to FF2.

Diversion 22:56 23 Sep 08

Not being a user of F/F I thought I'd give it a try and you are right it is slow compared to IE7 on Vista. I never tried any of the others but if FF3 is anything to go by it is far too slow for my liking, and I’ve gone back to IE7.

Sea Urchin 23:21 23 Sep 08

out of the box it's slower, it's not part of the operating system remember, it's the most easily tweakable browser IMHO. and will run pretty much instant ff3 is by far the fastest browser on any of my pc's some also use ie7, ie8 beta2 and opera.
it's also very easy to set your own security options too, it's a great browser to mess with i learnt loads from it. google can help or click here i like to mess with my pc, it's my hobby. if you want a quick hands off out the box browser stick to ie.

Dasmad 22:24 26 Sep 08

I have to admit when it comes to pc stuff, I'm an "out of the box" man, but was tempted when I first heard about Firefox, (basically it was so much better than IE6 with the tabs etc.) and until now it has been a perfectly simple "out of the box " operation. But as FF3, it seems it needs much more tweaking.

baldydave 22:30 26 Sep 08

I find ff3 much quicker than ff2 and definitely quicker than ie7

sanchoPanza 22:32 26 Sep 08

ff3 is faster simple as.. if not its ur rig simple as.More likely an add on thats screwing it up.
out of the box?not sure what u mean but ie7 or ff3. box or not makes no difference ff3 is the king.

polish 22:38 26 Sep 08

sorry i cant help with your problem but i find ff far better and faster than ie

Dasmad 23:25 26 Sep 08

seems like it's to do with my system - if i can't get FF3 to work faster, I'll just have to go back to FF2.
thanks for the pointers !

Stuartli 23:59 26 Sep 08

I've found Firefox 3 to be just as quick as its predecessor.

I do use FineTune for FireFox; saves any manual configuration via about:config. See:

click here

Stuartli 23:59 26 Sep 08

I've found Firefox 3 to be just as quick as its predecessor.

I do use FineTune for FireFox; saves any manual configuration via about:config. See:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Best iMovie for Mac tips 2017 | How to edit video with iMovie: 26 brilliant video editing tricks…