Firefox

Thereferee21 23:09 18 Jul 09

When i use the above as a search engine, i have to type the web address in each time instead of scrollimg down a list of regular sites.

Am i doing something wrong?

rdave13 23:49 18 Jul 09

Not sure I undersand. Mozila Firefox is a browser. Allows you to connect to the internet through a medium. A search engine is; Dogpile, Ask, Google etc. You should have the option of using a search engine on the top right in Firefox.
Which ever site you like you can 'bookmark' from the toolbar at the top of Firefox browser. It's called 'bookmark' for ease of use presumably. From there the dropdown menu will ask where you wish to err bookmark that site.
Hope that helps.

Stuartli 00:07 19 Jul 09

The Search Engine field in Firefox (top right) can be used for any number of search engines - just add them as required using the Manage Search Engines list from the drop down menu.

Bookmarks is Mozilla's alternative name for IE's Favourites; you can organise the bookmarks as you wish from Bookmarks>Organise Bookmarks or Ctrl+Shft+B.

Clicking on the yellow star in the Address Bar field or Ctrl+D will bookmark an open web page.

Thereferee21 08:53 19 Jul 09

Sorry maybe i should have been a litle clearer, i am using Google as a search engine and when i found the address i was searching for, it used to keep them for you so that the next time you wanted the same site you typed the first part of the address and it scrolled down till it was located. You did not have to type the whole address as i have to do now.

InTheCity 09:25 19 Jul 09

try checking a couple of things
from firefox,tools options, see if remember history is selected.
From google homepage look in preferences check the query suggestions box.

Stuartli 10:07 19 Jul 09

Apart from Firefox's Tools>Options>Privacy tab> tick Remember Download History plus Search and Form History boxes, check that AutoComplete is Enabled in your Word Processor.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…