Firefox 3.6.12 download progress bar

Skinn 22:45 08 Nov 10

The download progress bar has suddenly disappeared from the bottom right hand corner of the screen. I've checked 'view > status bar' and tried downloading Firefox again and rebooted to no avail.

This has happened since a virus was caught by NOD32 anti-virus sofytware if that's relevant.

Does anyone know how to solve this?

northumbria61 22:52 08 Nov 10

Go to view and look for status bar, make sure it is checked

lotvic 22:52 08 Nov 10

Tools > Options, General tab has options for showing the Downloads window when downloading a file.
also
Tools > Downloads, will bring up the downloads history window so that you can see what you have already downloaded.

lotvic 22:53 08 Nov 10

ps: the above is in Firefox > Tools

Skinn 23:00 08 Nov 10

I think there's a misunderstanding. I actually mena when a webpage is downloading the progress bar on the bottom right hand corner is missing.

lotvic 00:10 09 Nov 10

Oh, that's the one within the Status Bar then.
Don't know how to fix that if even a reinstall of FF hasn't worked.

northumbria61 09:52 09 Nov 10

It could be an add-on (Extensions) that is causing the problem. If you have other toolbars installed try "disabling" (all other toolbars) to see if it makes any difference. Google toolbar is notorious for conflicting.

Skinn 11:19 10 Nov 10

The status bar inexplicably reappeared last night without any intervention!

Thanks for all of the replies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…