Firefox 3.5 problems

hawthorn59 17:02 24 Jul 09

Hi Folks

I recently installed a new so decided to get the latest version of Firefox. Its just a week, and twice I've got this message:

Well, this is embarrassing.

Firefox is having trouble recovering your windows and tabs. This is usually caused by a recently opened web page.
You can try:

* Removing one or more tabs that you think may be causing the problem

* Starting an entirely new browsing session

And then it lists the windows and tabs; there is an option to restore or start a new session.

Also Firefox took 14seconds to load, while by contrast, Google Chrome opened in 4 seconds and opened the recent tabs instantly.

Is this telling me something I wonder...? Is 3.5 going to be troublesome?

thanks

h

Tony W. 17:29 24 Jul 09

I have also have had many problems with this particular version of Firefox in fact I have reinstalled it about 6 times and keep hoping that each time this resolves the problems.

All previous versions have been absolutely fine.

rawprawn 20:24 24 Jul 09

Try making a new profile
Close Firefox go to Start> Run> and type firefox -P
and hit Enter.

cocteau48 21:50 24 Jul 09

I have had the "well,this is embarrassing" notification when,on occasion,I have been forced to shut down Firefox quickly without agreeing to close or save tabs which were open at the time.

I think it is just a polite way of reminding you that you have not adhered to the recommended protocol.

Stuartli 23:58 24 Jul 09

Firefox normally, on first opening, takes a few seconds to initialise; after that it should be lightening fast.

If you shut down your system without closing Firefox, it will remember the point where you did so and reopen any page or pages that were operative at the time.

hawthorn59 03:18 25 Jul 09

I generally just close the laptop lid and everything opens again when I lift it. This problem never occured with earlier versions.

h

Muergo 03:43 25 Jul 09

I have had the "embarrassing screen", I ignore it and hit the replace/reinstall option, it does it every time, no difficulty.
As was said, it usually happens when you allow a reboot automatically, say after an installation, I close all programs manually before restarting.

Noomtai 07:31 02 Dec 09

Try do delete and create a new profile:
Close Firefox go to Start> Run> and type firefox -P and hit Enter.

When an option box showed up: Delete profile> and create new profile>, then click OK>. It will solve the problems,note: all your bookmarks will be automatic deleted.

anniesboy 08:24 02 Dec 09

I had this for a while,just ignored it and it just stopped without any action from me.

Technotiger 08:53 02 Dec 09

The date of the last posting before yours, is July, 2009 - I would expect that *thehill* has long since overcome any problem by now!

Sea Urchin 10:07 02 Dec 09

Plus you are repeating rawprawn's suggestion from July 2009.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5