Firefox

Curio 18:45 19 Nov 06

Am trying out Firefox. On PCA page only the format has changed from a normal Home Page to another - in that it is huge. Several screens make up the page, with everything listed down the left-hand side. Obviously I have clicked on something and changed it, but I don't know what. Been through help files but can find nothing to point me in the right direction. Any offers on how to get back to normal?
TIA

skidzy 18:49 19 Nov 06

Curio,have you ran Widows Advanced Care by any chance ?

I recently had identical problems with just PCA and no other site.System Restore would not work either.I found uninstalling FF2 and running Ccleaner click here and a reboot and reinstall FF2 from click here solved my problem.

Curio 20:07 19 Nov 06

Thanks for the pointer. Have just run Windows Advanced Care V2 even though on Auto and found 1 item in Privacy needed correcting. Did the correction and now all is back as it should be. Did not run CC or uninstall Firefox 2.

skidzy 20:35 19 Nov 06

Glad your sorted Curio.You obviously had more luck than me with WAC,it will be interesting to know if you run WAC again and Firefox has the same problem.
Though i must admit,i ran WAC live (FF2 open) maybe this caused my problem.

Belatucadrus 20:39 19 Nov 06

I've had it happen once or twice, clear the cache then start again, should be OK.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…