firefox

onesnakeyes 09:21 27 Sep 06

I am attempting to download firefox. have just changed my provider to talktalk and am using internet explorer 6. Since this move have not been able to download firefox plus others. Had no problem when with aol. Anyone any ideas why.

onesnakeyes 09:59 27 Sep 06

Hve now tried other sites and just cannot download any files from anyone.

gudgulf 10:16 27 Sep 06
  onesnakeyes 12:28 27 Sep 06

Have tried above and been told path does not exsist.

onesnakeyes 12:37 27 Sep 06

Have tried to do the same with different user same thing happens. Doing my head in now. Been at this for three days now.

gudgulf 12:47 27 Sep 06

That fix was for IE 5.5 so that would be the reason for your error.

Try resetting your Security level.....In IE go to Tools>Internet Settings>Security.

Try restting to default level (medium)or click on the Custom button and scroll through the list until you find the Download section......make sure the enable file download button is checked.

Other than that try with your firewall temporarily disabled..that may be blocking your download.

onesnakeyes 13:39 27 Sep 06

still no joy.

gudgulf 14:25 27 Sep 06

Have you tried repairing IE click here or consider the IE7 release candidate upgrade click here and install a fresh version of IE (don't let it import any settings from your previous version).

Another setting to change in IE6 you can try is in Tools>Internet Options>Advanced and chose to reset all advanced settings to default (or all settings to default...whatever of the two options you have).

skidzy 16:02 27 Sep 06

Maybe:

Tools / Internet Options / Security / Custom Level / Look under Downloads, file downloads and make sure the radio button is enabled.

Close IE and try again to download from here click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017