Firefox

woosysusy 15:44 27 Jun 05

Please can anyone tell me about firefox, telewest are offering downloads. Is it as good and easy as it seems.?

wotbus@ 15:53 27 Jun 05

You will find its a personal thing, why not try it? I have used it for ages and I am very happy with it.

rawprawn 16:01 27 Jun 05

It's an excellent browser, and you can run it in conjunction with Internet Explorer to try it.

sunny staines 16:55 27 Jun 05

version 1.o5 is out in beta but i have not seen it yet

Gongoozler 17:15 27 Jun 05

I've been using Firefox for nearly two years now and find it much better than Internet Explorer. Unfortunately there are a few sites that don't work properly with Firefox, so occasionally I have to use IE. There is an add-on available for FF that enables a site to be opened in IE by right clicking on the link and selecting "Open Link Target in IE". As rawprawn says, you keep IE on your computer and use whichever browser suits you. Whichever one is your favourite you make the default.

canard 21:27 27 Jun 05

It's very easy. Daughter wrecked IE, her nephew installed FF then entire family carried on surfing- without noticing difference!

Pooke 21:32 27 Jun 05

I have been using it for a month or so now. At first I though why bother when IE does the job? I was personally surprised by FireFox especially the tabbed browsing, of course it has other advantages, the RSS is very easy to use too. Anyway nowadays I never use IE, only use firefox.

Download it and have a go, you can have it alongside Internet Explorer and you can even import your favourites and bookmarks etc over to it.

Pooke

Diodorus Siculus 21:38 27 Jun 05

Go for it and then take a look at click here
Extension Room

woosysusy 11:36 28 Jun 05

Thanks i will give it a go

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…