Firefox 2.0.0.11 Flaky?

I am Spartacus 11:58 06 Dec 07

Since I upgraded to this version I'm having regular crashes with messages saying Firefox has to close.

I've updated my extensions and themes but the problem is still persisting.

Is there a setting I've missed? Anyone else experiencing this?

I'm tempted to uninstall and revert to version 9 again.

octal 12:06 06 Dec 07

It is possible that some of the extensions have got corrupted, back up your Bookmarks so you won't loose them then delete the Profile folder and restart Firefox, it will create another Profile folder, you will have to re-install all the extensions again but that's no bad thing because it might be one of those causing the problem. This site shows the location of the Profile folder click here

I am Spartacus 12:33 06 Dec 07

Thanks Octal. Now on my laptop. I deleted the profile folder but then Firefox wouldn't start saying that a process was still running although it wasn't listed in task manager.

I rebooted and it still wouldn't run even after I re-installed it. I then tried a system restore and it wouldn't start at all, nothing in Task Manager either. I reinstalled it again and it tells me that Firefox is running already but doesn't start.

Now going to load a disk image backup and start again. Maybe this time I'll just delete the themes and extensions first.

I am Spartacus 12:43 06 Dec 07

Before trying to load a disk image I did another system restore then un-installed version 11 and reinstalled version 9 and it open now. I'll see how I get on with this.

I am Spartacus 20:12 06 Dec 07

You're right about it being a corrupt profile Octal. Even with version 9 and all the extension and add ons removed it's still crashing on a regular basis. I'll try and delete the profile without stuffing everything else up.

octal 21:16 06 Dec 07

90% of the problems with Firefox are traceable to a corruption in the profile folder, let us know how you get on.

I am Spartacus 10:27 07 Dec 07

I un-installed Firefox, deleted the Mozilla folder completely for documents and settings and reinstalled version 11. Unfortunately it's as flaky as ever and still is crashing.

No idea what to try next.

2neat 11:06 07 Dec 07

Try IE7!

I am Spartacus 11:11 07 Dec 07

Is it any good?

2neat 11:14 07 Dec 07

well it doesn't crash all the time!
You can add form spell check etc.
Doesn't use 99% process like FF seems to do now.
Give it a try, costs nowt but wont run on Linux ;-)

anniesboy 11:16 07 Dec 07

Might be worth posting problem here click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced