Firefox 2

hawthorn59 13:44 20 Mar 07

I downloaded Firefox 2 and really see no difference in it and the previous version. However I did think that with tabbed browsing in it that I could have tabs re-open the next time I used firefox. I thought I read something like that somewhere.

In the older version I also had tabbed browsing (I must have downloaded an add on..) but if i wanted the tabs to be open the next time, I had to reset my homepage to "use current", than they'd all be there.

I was hoping I wouldnt have to do this on the v 2.0

thanks

h

Stuartli 13:55 20 Mar 07

All you need to do to retain the Firefox layout you are using at any time is to shut down the system without closing down Firefox.

The next time you boot up and lick on the FF icon, a Restore option panel will appear.

Belatucadrus 14:35 20 Mar 07

You can also go :-
Tools / Options / Main . Startup / When Firefox starts and select "Show my windows and tabs from last time" instead of the default "Show my home page".

Stuartli 16:19 20 Mar 07

It does exactly the same with the method I mentioned, including all the web pages and tabs that were in use, even if you also select a chosen Home Page.

Belatucadrus 17:40 20 Mar 07

Yes, but do it my way and you don't need to close everything else down and there's no popup advising you of unexpected closure asking if you want to start afresh or restore.
Either way will work.

hawthorn59 17:59 20 Mar 07

Folks dont kill each other!!! :-)

Much thanks, Im sure both ways will sort me out!!

h

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced