Firefox 2

BEDO 23:25 02 Nov 06

I have just installed (by download) Firefox 2. All works well, however on looking at Add/Remove in control panel I find that Firefox 1.5 is still there.
Does anyone know if it would be OK to remove the old Firefox 1.5?
Many thanks
Ron.

Ashrich 23:31 02 Nov 06

Odd , it's not in my add / remove programs ....just version 2.0 , did it install Ok ? or did you have any problems ?

Ashley

BEDO 00:11 03 Nov 06

No install with no problems. Normally most new versions or updates extract the old version. Hence my post. However version to has all my settings and bookmarks, so it did that OK. Also I have done a couple of updates since installing. Very odd.
Thanks for your reply Ashley.
Am hitting the sack now but will look in tomorrow in case you or someone has a brilliant.
Nite.
Ron

Stuartli 00:13 03 Nov 06

Only Mozilla 2.0 (i.e. Firefox) is listed in Add/Remove Programs in my case.

sean-278262 03:42 03 Nov 06

help>about firefox. Be sure what you are running is V2.0

BEDO 10:25 03 Nov 06

Thanks Stuarth & Creature of the Night. I think I will later today remove Firefox 1.5 & see what happens, at the worst I would have to uninstall all the 'bits' and redownload the browser, then of course I would have to import my favs from IE7 and re set my settings and addons to Firefox 2.
I will let you know what happens.

BEDO 13:28 04 Nov 06

Latest update. I un-installed Firefox 1.5 it offered me a chance to tell them why, which I did explaning that I had installed version 2 but the old 1.5 version was still there.
I then discovered my desk top icon was not there and Mozilla Firefox was not in all programs, so there was no way to get a shortcut to desktop.
I then reinstalled Firefox 2 with the setup icon I had saved, it was very quick as I supposed most of the things were already there. All seems to be OK now.
Thanks for all your replies, I think I can safely say 'Problem Solved'

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced