picklsey 14:18 14 Nov 04

i,m with aol,downloaded and installed firefox (it,s fast)i was wandering is it worth taking thunderbird as well and if so what are the advantages.any info would be great as i am only used to useing aol browser and so on.

Gongoozler 14:50 14 Nov 04

Thunderbird is very similar to Outlook Express in use, but Mozilla claim that it is more spam proof. A major advantage of Mozilla is that it isn't integrated into Windows and is less targetted by virus writers and hackers.

Gongoozler 14:55 14 Nov 04

Another consideration. You can download Thunderbird and use it alongside Outlook Express. Try them both for a time, then when you decide which you prefer, set that one as default. All you will lose is that any emails received via Thunderbird won't appear in your OE inbox.

picklsey 15:06 14 Nov 04

Gongoozler...thanks will give it a go,will i have to set up another email address.

wallbash 17:21 14 Nov 04

No , Im running both with success with same address

Gongoozler 17:46 14 Nov 04

Hi picklsey. Thunderbird will import all the info from OE, including all your account data and your inbox.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…