Firefox 1.5 views on please

hatrickj 19:56 24 Dec 05

I have 1.0.7 installed but see 1.5 is now issued.

Should I go for it? what are pros and cons of newer version?

canard 20:01 24 Dec 05

Safer and works.

J B 20:05 24 Dec 05

I think it's great, but you will have to update your extensions and themes, but that is small stuff. And it is fast. J.B.

octal 20:17 24 Dec 05

I'm using the Linux version and it works just fine.

woodchip 20:33 24 Dec 05

Firefox as a Whole, not just 1.5. Although I am using it at the moment on my XP Laptop. I use Netscape 7.2 on All my Computers, a Win98se comp that I also use for all my Mail this is part of Netscape, Firefox does not have Mail hence just as a Browser, It can be kept as a very small Program easy to download and setup. As it's the Offshoot of Netscape I find it easy to use. But very little faster. But More secure than IE. As such I like to support the Downtrodden, Need I say more.

GaT7 20:38 24 Dec 05

See What's New click here & Other Changes click here. G

Stuartli 20:54 24 Dec 05

That's why there's Thunderbird.....

woodchip 21:05 24 Dec 05

Yes but then that's just another browser, and defeats the small size of firefox. And no improvements on Netscape That does both and as done for years. The mail program I find very easy to use, and not got the inherent dangers of Outlook Express

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…