firefox 1.5 themes not working

infostarved 14:55 02 Dec 05

Hi,
Have been using Firefox since it first came out, no trouble switching themes, but this version will not apply themes,states restart firefox to use theme but the default theme continues, have checked that the themes are compatable with 1.5 any thoughts.
Thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:04 02 Dec 05

Did you install as upgrade or uninstll 1.0.7 and fresh install 1.5?

infostarved 15:15 02 Dec 05

Hi Fruit Bat,
Thanks for your reply have upgraded/uninstalled/and fresh installed at least half a dozen times but still no result.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:29 02 Dec 05

Just downloaded a few and tested ok

Black japan, spheregnome-jumbo, modern pinball

infostarved 15:44 02 Dec 05

Hi,
Tried all those but as I say no result,will try another clean sweep, thanks for your time.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:08 02 Dec 05

Probably need the java plugin to make them work

x2 zero 16:44 02 Dec 05

Same here wont install

infostarved 19:37 02 Dec 05

Hi once again,
Have checked my Java, have the latest version, went to Opera 9 (do not know if it is different)and no problem changing themes, when I had Firefox 7 everthing worked perfectly, I can use everthing in Firefox 1.5 except themes!! am very puzzled.

GaT7 19:44 02 Dec 05

Try an alternative method of installing the themes.

Download the themes to your hard drive, then open Firefox (FF) & go to File>Open File, select the downloaded themes (one at a time) & click Open to install. Shutdown, then reopen FF & check to see if they're installed OK. G

infostarved 20:10 02 Dec 05

Hi,
Thanks for all your imput, a pity at the moment I cannot use the themes I want, am getting tired I am 63 years young but the body is old.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…