Firefox 1.0 - browser

BBez 11:45 19 Mar 05

When i start Firefox, almost all of the time, firefox asks me to choose a profile and when i try to use the default one, it tells me it is in use. Basically, it keeps losing the profile and i lose all my favourites etc everytime i start Firefox up.

Has anyone else experienced this..? I have tried the Firefox support pages but haven't found anything yet..!

Irishman 11:50 19 Mar 05

Right click the Taskbar and see if there is already an instance of FF open. If so shut it down and restart FF.

Irishman 11:51 19 Mar 05

Right click Taskbar of course means have a look in Task Manager. doh

BBez 11:51 19 Mar 05

tnx, already tried this but still the same... cheers anyways...

Diodorus Siculus 12:06 19 Mar 05

Grab mozbackup and backup your profile. click here

Uninstall Mozilla completely and reboot.

Try a reinstall

SEASHANTY 12:08 19 Mar 05

Latest version is now 1.0.1. If I had this problem I think I would try an uninstall followed by reinstall of latest version to see if that effected a cure.

BBez 12:09 19 Mar 05

Diodorus Siculus & SEASHANTY, tnx, didn't know about moz backup or that FF was updated, got auto update disabled, tnx...

Gongoozler 12:11 19 Mar 05

Hi BBez. This article is about the same problem, bu the first suggestion is similar to that made by Irishman click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…