fire wire card

Bonynge 21:13 18 Sep 05

I have tried to install a firewire card, or IEEE 1394, whatever. I have followed the fitting instructions and hey presto, nothing. The pc tries to start but then just freezes and a blank screen can anyone advise.

Mick Stup

woodchip 21:15 18 Sep 05

Is this a PCI card?? and have you tried different slot on motherboard move card around to try

Bonynge 21:20 18 Sep 05

thanks for the advice woodchip, I'll give that a go

woodchip 21:22 18 Sep 05

You could also turn Plug and Play off in BIOS let windows configure it

Bonynge 21:24 18 Sep 05

Not to sure about playing around with bios, I don't think I'm that technically competant

woodchip 21:35 18 Sep 05

When Computer starts it tells you what to press to enter setup. When you get into BIOS screen. Instructions on how to use are bottom right. Basically you use arrow key's to move up down Enter opens a Page so you can see more. Page up Page down will change something you have gone to so you can change to enable disable Escape closes a Window if you just first want to have a look round you cannot hurt anything unless you make changes and the save changes before you exit BIOS

Bonynge 13:27 19 Sep 05

Hi woodchip, thanks very much for your help. I tried your first suggestion, i'e try a different slot and yahoo it worked. I played with it this morning and the quality of camcorder down loads is better than USB and quicker. Once again, thanks.
Mick Stup

woodchip 15:07 19 Sep 05

Glad it worked for you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…