Finepix Z1 digital camera and Windows Vista

littlestan 17:24 16 Dec 07

Hi people, I have a new laptop with windows vista and i am very pleased with it so far/ However, My fab Fuji finepix Z1 camera which i love very much is however now not able to talk from camera to pc to download my pics and i am rather devastated to say the least. I have disconnected/reconnected etc etc and think it is possibly an incompatability problem although it loaded my old pics from XP onto my new laptop somehow! The camera is working fine, is charging on its cradle fine but i can only think it may be a software problem. I've changed usb cables/connections but no joy. Anyone know if there is a site where i can download some free upgrade software for my camera from fuji and see if that is the problem. All ideas very very gratefully received.

many thanks

Pineman100 17:30 16 Dec 07

click here for a full list of the drivers that Fuji offer for the Z1. If there doesn't appear to be one available, why not contact Fuji and ask them what would work?

hssutton 19:13 16 Dec 07

Memory card readers are the best way to, only a fiver at 7dayshop

Paul M 19:18 16 Dec 07

When you connect your camera to the laptop, is it shown in Scanners and Cameras, in Control Panel?

Technotiger 20:02 16 Dec 07

hssutton has the right idea - use a card reader. I never connect my Fuji F810 to PC, I just use a built-in card reader.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…