the fine details of hosting packages-help!!

turkeylurkey 17:48 29 Jan 03

hello
I'm looking for a host for my site and have narrowed it down to BT, OneandOne and lcn.biz (low cost names). lcn.biz is the cheapest but has anyone here had any dealings with them?

also, what's the difference between NT,Linux and Unix hosting? does it matter?

does it matter how many sub domains/webspace/traffic a host lets you have? realistically, I'm not expecting to be the next dotcom millionaire!
the folder with all the files for my site weighs in at 1Mb on 21 pages (so far).

I'm new to this and could do with some advice.

thankyou

tran1 20:00 29 Jan 03

Just had a look on google for you and found a website which should explain everything.

click here

tran1 20:03 29 Jan 03

I would choose oneandone to host mainly becuase they are an established web host. They have many different packages and offer alot of features.

AndySD 20:05 29 Jan 03

click here and have a look. Its all to do with what you want on the web site...eg frontpage extensions etc. If at the moment you ate not worried on this then look for he best review.

turkeylurkey 09:43 30 Jan 03

that gives me plenty of reading to do!

turkey

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…