Finding suitable mouse driver

A J-305805 23:59 07 Feb 04

I stood on my mouse and did it a great deal of no good at all so a friend gave me a spare new cheap optical mouse - V Well-MK662. It works OK just plugged in as a direct replacement (using the original "Microsoft PS/2 Port Mouse" driver) but it came without its own software disk. I would quite like to be able to use the scroll wheel as well but nowhere can I find anywhere to download a driver for this function for this model, or indeed any reference to this mouse at all.

I am using NT4. Can anyone very kindly either supply a suitable scroll-wheel driver or suggest a generic one worth trying, please?

Thank you

smegs 00:53 08 Feb 04

arthur.dent, I use a PS2 wheel mouse and whenever I have to format my hard drive I never install any drivers for the mouse. The wheel works ok. Look for these driver files, C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\i8042prt.sys, C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\mouclass.sys. If you haven't got them, try looking on the NT disk and put them in.

A J-305805 17:51 08 Feb 04

These files are already present - always supposing that I8042prt.sys (upper-case I) which I have, is the same as i8042prt.sys (lower-case i) which you suggest.

Thank you anyway

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…