Finding suitable mouse driver

A J-305805 23:59 07 Feb 04

I stood on my mouse and did it a great deal of no good at all so a friend gave me a spare new cheap optical mouse - V Well-MK662. It works OK just plugged in as a direct replacement (using the original "Microsoft PS/2 Port Mouse" driver) but it came without its own software disk. I would quite like to be able to use the scroll wheel as well but nowhere can I find anywhere to download a driver for this function for this model, or indeed any reference to this mouse at all.

I am using NT4. Can anyone very kindly either supply a suitable scroll-wheel driver or suggest a generic one worth trying, please?

Thank you

smegs 00:53 08 Feb 04

arthur.dent, I use a PS2 wheel mouse and whenever I have to format my hard drive I never install any drivers for the mouse. The wheel works ok. Look for these driver files, C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\i8042prt.sys, C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\mouclass.sys. If you haven't got them, try looking on the NT disk and put them in.

A J-305805 17:51 08 Feb 04

These files are already present - always supposing that I8042prt.sys (upper-case I) which I have, is the same as i8042prt.sys (lower-case i) which you suggest.

Thank you anyway

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now