finding a site / email system I used

awest3 09:54 09 Dec 10

Hi, I needed a part for my cooker and got onto a website which supplied the parts I required. I made an enquiry through their email system. They got back to me yesterday asking for the serial number of my cooker. They rang my mobile which did not pick up their tele number (unknown number). No problem I thought I'll just check my sent emails for the company name (it had been a couple of weeks and my memorys not what it was). Of course I'd used their online system to contact them so there was no record on my system of the email. Question is, having no tele number or name its difficult to get back in touch. I've done what I thought was the same search as when first looking for the part but none of the sites rings a bell...anyway my questions is is there anyway to trace that email from my system.?..I fear the answer is probably no....

Al

Simsy 10:08 09 Dec 10

that you're right, about finding the email.
However, depending on how long ago it was you may be able to find the site in your web browser history.

Good luck,

Regards,

Simsy

awest3 13:18 09 Dec 10

good thought......but I clear my history every time I log off.

Al

natdoor 15:27 09 Dec 10

If they want your custom, they may well contact you again. However, I assume that you used a browser to locate the company. Repeating the process may well show up a link that you remember from the possibilities offered. And sites which have been visited are displayed with a colour change,in Google at least, so that may provide a clue. Otherwise you will have to select another supplier, I guess.

awest3 16:09 09 Dec 10

Thanks, I think you are right...I'll give it a week or so then start my search over..!

It was worth a try

Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5