Finding 'Run' on Vista, help wanted pls

AroundAgain 19:33 04 Oct 11
Answered

Hi I'm at a friend's on their laptop, running Vista. I need to find 'run' to go into msconfig but, on clicking Start, there is no 'Run' box there.

Can someone help me out with this daft question, please?

Thanks

(Apologies if this is a duplicate post - the other one doesn't seem to have gone through)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:40 04 Oct 11
Answer

the run box is now the Search box

Just type msconfig into the Search box at the bottom of the Start menu.

Woolwell 19:40 04 Oct 11

The search box takes you to almost everything. Type msconfig and enter and msconfig will open after the standard account control warning. Similarly typing run will bring up run at the top of the list. It is best to right click on it and run as administrator.

birdface 20:07 04 Oct 11

Also with W/7 you can find run under all programs.Accessories.

It will probably be the same with Vista.

AroundAgain 22:45 04 Oct 11

Hi

Thanks for helping, chaps (or ladies) I had tried searching for 'Run' but didn't know which one to choose in the results!!!

Typing msconfig in the box proved to be exactly the easy solution and I was able to remove quite a few programs starting up on booting, hence their laptop is now running a bit quicker, of course.

I was also able to sort out some other bits for them so all is now well. Have left them with Defrag running!!!

So, they're happy and I've learnt too. Thanks so much, especially for prompt responses, of course.

AA

jimv7 13:47 05 Oct 11

In 7 right click the start icon, properties/start menu/customise, put a tick in the run box, might be the same for vista.

Woolwell 13:52 05 Oct 11

jimv7 - It is the same.

Daveboy 14:15 05 Oct 11

just press Windows key and R together

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…