Finding people

jagx400 21:48 17 Oct 05

Dont quite know which forum to put this in but my wife is trying to trace her family in the Uk and found this site click here
Can they really have access to all the stuff they claim to have access to in this country.

De Marcus™ 21:53 17 Oct 05

steer clear of the service and use more typical resources such as the electoral roll, genes reunited etc, and any others that may be forthcoming

SANTOS7 21:56 17 Oct 05

click here
about as good as it gets online

DieSse 21:59 17 Oct 05

They will have acess to the same things that you or I have access to. They *might* have it better organised than you or I - and *might* have simply searched and found more databases - and *might* have paid for some databases.

I guess you'll never know unless you try them. Pesonally I'd give it a go on my own first - but they don't appear to charge that much.

Do you have somewhere to start from? If this is Family History there are better places to start - if it's just tracing current but lost family then I'm not so sure.

vinnyT 11:33 18 Oct 05

Take a look here click here they may be able to help.

'The Family History Library system of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints provides access to the world's largest collection of genealogical records, including the names of more than 2 billion deceased people.

The library was founded in 1894 to gather genealogical records and assist Church members in tracing their family histories. The current facility was dedicated in 1985 and contains 142,000 square feet of space. The records collection features nearly 2 million rolls of microfilm; 700,000 microfiche; 280,000 books; and several unique family history databases.'

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:46 18 Oct 05

They can do all what they claim......but only in the States where there is the Freedom of Information Act (FoIA). All the records that they advertise are publicly accessible by anyone with a computer.

G

broggs 12:03 18 Oct 05

to my postings

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac