Finding out if Antivrus is compatible

ponytail 13:44 PM 17 Oct 13

I have just noticed that Bullguard is still running on my laptop.I thought it had been removed when the PC was cleaned recently.So I now have Bullguard Paid for version Emisoft Paid for version Malwarebytes Free Avast Free CCleaner Free I am presuming I will need to get rid of one of the paid for programs can someone suggest the best one to keep. I would also like to get both Superantispyware and Spywareblaster Would it be possible to have these two programs alongside one paid for program and Avast and Malwarebytes + CCleaner

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:53 PM 17 Oct 13

You cannot have more than ONE antivirus program running!!!!

If you are paying then keep Bulldog it is the better of the two you are paying for.

Malwarebytes Superantispy CCleaner and Spywareblaster ware are OK to run alongside your ONE ANTIVIRUS of your choice

Mr Mistoffelees 14:07 PM 17 Oct 13

"You cannot have more than ONE antivirus program running!!!!"

If you have more than one anti-virus program running they are liable to conflict with one another.

iscanut2 15:38 PM 17 Oct 13

Keep Bullguard and uninstall ALL other anti virus progs. You can keep the malware ones

iscanut2 15:38 PM 17 Oct 13

Keep Bullguard and uninstall ALL other anti virus progs. You can keep the malware ones

iscanut2 15:39 PM 17 Oct 13

Sorry about the duplicate !

rdave13 16:27 PM 17 Oct 13

Follow instructions when using the Avast removal tool

ponytail 08:42 AM 18 Oct 13

Thanks for the advice so will get rid of Emioft and keep Bullguard long with Malwarebytes,Superantispyware,Spywareblaster and CCleaner.Do I need to get rid of Avast

tullie 09:03 AM 18 Oct 13

As advised,one antivirus only

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:12 AM 18 Oct 13

Do I need to get rid of Avast Yes its an antivirus

you are paying for two others Bullguard and Emisoft.

Avast is probably the best of the Free Antivrus as far as XP is concerned as it uses very few resources.

If you do not want to pay for antivirus keep Avast and ditch Emisoft and Bullguard

ponytail 09:51 AM 18 Oct 13

Thanks jock1e Will uninstall Avast now

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 review: Hands-on with the phone which the Z3+ should have been

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get your photos turned into illos by some of the world’s best artists

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites