Finding Main Titles by Member's Username

spuds 12:24 01 Nov 06

This question as possibly been asked many times before, so apologies if already been asked. Is it possible to find an opening thread title by inserting a Username in a search box, something on similar lines to 'Your Postings' facility.

I wanted to try and locate a previous posting by another member, having forgotten what the actual title was. Tried the member's username in various search modes, but had no results, so couldn't find the article that I was trying to track.

anskyber 12:32 01 Nov 06

It does not work in that mode, or at least not for me. I'm curious, what was the thread about?

Technotiger 12:35 01 Nov 06

Hi, if you quote the member's user-name within your Post, he/she will probably see it and come to your rescue.

Cheers

spuds 12:56 01 Nov 06

It was just a general inquiry. On occasions I read an item, then think that I have heard something very similar by another of the forum member's, and wanted to see what had possibly been stated, as a reference.

Tried various ways in the past, without success, but thought that there could be a way around this, since the new tweaking of the forum system.Apparently not, unless someone knows a way around this.

Thanks again guy's, will tick as resolved.

rdave13 13:36 01 Nov 06

Try googling, forum member's name+pcadvisor. when you get to last page click on "list will expand if you click on repeat search with omitted results included".
Got a result of 796 results with your name ;)

spuds 14:01 01 Nov 06

Rdave13-- Nice one, works a treat. Thanks.

anskyber 14:19 01 Nov 06

What an excellent idea. Sad I didn't think of it .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple