Finding Items on Home Network

RoystonEWB 12:36 PM 16 Jul 13

Hi All, I have a Security Camera DVR that I can connect to, using a program from the manufacturers, or an ActiveX WEB SERVICE program.

The DVR is connected to my home system via a HomePlug (TP-LINK), as is the Modem, but I cannot find it when I search the Network through the Control Panel in Windows 7. It shows my PC the Laptop, Modem, and the Samsung TV, but not the DVR.

Any ideas of what is wrong or what I should have done to get it to show up on the Network.

Any Help Much Appreciated.

Secret-Squirrel 09:00 AM 17 Jul 13

".............but I cannot find it when I search the Network through the Control Panel in Windows 7. It shows my PC the Laptop, Modem, and the Samsung TV, but not the DVR."

That doesn't surprise me Royston and is probably completely normal. For example, my Sky box is connected to my router but it doesn't appear anywhere as a network device. Does your DVR user manual suggest otherwise?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…