Finding birth, marriage and death from 2005 onw

xperian 20:47 09 Feb 09

I am probably going off the track here because i know its not really relevant to help forum. There isnt a post for genealogy anyway.

I have posted this on computeractive but no one is replying to me.

My friend told me that we are unable to find out about tracking people on birth, marriage and death from 2005 - 2009 due to the governement and DPA as well - i am not really sure if i could follow her what she was saying.

I wanted to track down a friend who is married 2 years ago - i dont know her surname since she is married - i know where the area that she live in but i wanted to know where abt and what is her surname.

There is a rumour going on abt my ex's father who died recently - i had no idea but i was wondering if there is any other way of finding out so that i can send him a card, i dont want to send him a card and finding out it wasnt true after all.

I know ancestry doesnt do this but how do i find out about those things especially Family Record Centre is now closed and Kew National archive is never v helpful to me

I was told we had to use the internet for the registered book that was belong to FRC - however the ancestry doesnt do individual years in the partial marriage or death only the birth which is annoying cos i have to use 5 years or each 10 years to track down when it wld be easier to look at each year for each annual months if i m explaining clearly

Wondering what is the best thing to do as i am not sure if i can get marriage or death cert from GRO from now onward?? i dont really want to pay for this.

Sea Urchin 22:46 09 Feb 09

Marriage indexes up to 2005 and Death indexes to 2006 are currently available on the web - anything after that you have to go the local registry office where the event took place. You can still obtain Certificates from the GRO website at £7 each.

click here

Wak 09:57 10 Feb 09

The "Church of the Latterday Saints" also have local genealogy centres who will be pleased to help you .
Google for your local centre or try click here
Don't worry, they won't push their religion down your throat. They are very helpful people and their centres can be very busy so you may have to make an appointment. Give them a ring.

Sea Urchin 10:05 10 Feb 09

.....and here is their website -

click here

birdface 10:25 10 Feb 09

[I wanted to track down a friend who is married 2 years ago ]-[There is a rumour going on abt my ex's father who died recently - i had no idea but i was wondering if there is any other way of finding out so that i can send him .

I find it a bit confusing if you don't mind me saying.
A friend who has remarried.my Ex's father.
I suppose the easiest way to check would be to look through Births and deaths in the Local paper if you new what month or week that it was supposed to have happened.
If indeed it never happened then you would have no need to find out where she now is and what her new name is.

xperian 12:35 10 Feb 09

Many thanks to Wak and Sea Urchin for their reply - I have been to Church of the Latterday Saints so i will definitely contact them

To buteman: I wanted to contact my friend again - i know she is married - i knew where the area that she is living in - but would like to contact her again as i lost in touch with her or even find her in facebook!! My friend isn't remarried.

Those two things are seperate!

As for my ex bf's father - i used to get on well with him - I have been looking in the local newspapers but nothing is showing up - their local newpaper doesnt show up the family announcement or obituatiries - I haven't been in touch with my ex for very long time but like to pass on my respect!

Thanks again

Forum Editor 16:57 10 Feb 09

that we can't assist in matters like this. Tracing people can be a complex business, and there are confidentiality aspects to it.

For that reason I'm going to lock this thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac