Finding attachments in Outlook Express

TATHS 10:51 01 Feb 12

I am running Outlook Express on a Win 7 machine in virtual mode. I have a set of JPG files that came in as attachments and that I have saved to the main machine. I don't seem to have saved the original email outside of Outlook Express so I can't determine the full context of the attachments (they just have numbers). Is there any way I can search the Outlook Express database to trace the original email? I have Windows Live installed but am much happier using Outlook Express

Woolwell 12:56 01 Feb 12

Unless you have deleted the original e-mail then it should be still in your OE inbox.

TATHS 13:44 01 Feb 12

I have around 5000 messages in my inbox and its subfolders. A manual search id going to br very time consuming. Is there any way of automating it

Sea Urchin 14:14 01 Feb 12

Click on the Find menu - then search in the Inbox by "From" or "Subject" or particular text in the message/s

Sea Urchin 14:16 01 Feb 12

You can also re-arrange the order of the mails in the Inbox by clicking on the "From" heading - they will all be grouped in alphabetical order. Equally on other headings if required.

Woolwell 16:18 01 Feb 12

You must have some idea of the time frame when it came.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…