FINDFAST.EXE

Mike 11:37 15 Sep 04

I run Windows XP Pro on my notebook.

Every so often I find that the computer is running slow so I check the Task Manager.
I seem to have two versions FINDFAST.EXE running and both are taking large chunks of processing time between 6 and 75 % which is slowing everything down.

Can anyone tell me what this programme is please and why I have two running at the same time.

I have Norton anti virus installed and it updates daily.

Any help / advice would be appreciated.
Thanks
Mike

bertiecharlie 12:09 15 Sep 04

Mike.

click here for information.

"Microsoft Office Find Fast. This gets installed with Microsoft Office 95/97/2000. The supposed benefit of Find Fast is that it will enable you to find documents faster from within Microsoft Office. In practice : as with TASKMON it makes no visible difference to end-users, particularly on nowadays fast PCs. Thus, not only is Find Fast a total waste of time, but it is also a very significant annoyance too since, on many PCs, it results in the PC seemingly "freezing" for 2 to 5 seconds.

Recommendation :
..... go into the FindFast icon in the Control Panel and choose the "Index \ Close and Stop" menu option."

rawprawn 12:11 15 Sep 04

click here Download and run this freeware, it could be W32 Sakao virus.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…