Findamo

sparky121 12:28 PM 06 May 12
Answered

Hi just new here and hope you can help.I use chrome as my default browser however just recently when I start my computer and open up chrome it opens up findamo as the home page and it is listed as the default search engine.When I change it in the settings it is fine until I restart the computer and it happens again I have ran malwarebytes,spybot and super antispyware and it keeps happening.Really want to get rid of it any one get any ideas?

chub_tor 12:55 PM 06 May 12

Click Here scroll to the bottom and follow instructions to remove from Chrome

sparky121 13:18 PM 06 May 12

Thanks but I have tried that and it keeps re-appearing.

chub_tor 19:04 PM 06 May 12

Have you tried using System Restore to go back to the settings you had before the problem started?

sparky121 14:32 PM 07 May 12

I cant as I dont have a restore point !

northumbria61 14:50 PM 07 May 12

Set your Home Page here enter link description here

rdave13 15:08 PM 07 May 12
Answer

Found this,

1) Click settings 2) Personal Stuff 3) Add new user 4) Delete user (First user) 5) Click ok and so on.. 6) Close down chrome 7) Reopen chrome and click Ok..

From here. Worth a try.

rdave13 15:11 PM 07 May 12

Superantispyware also has an option to protect your home page. Untick this option, then change the home page then tick the option again. I don't know if SAS protects Chrome's homepage though.

sparky121 15:15 PM 07 May 12

Yeah have done all that and its fine till i switch the computer off and when i turn it back on its back to findamo.

northumbria61 15:25 PM 07 May 12

Type "about:config" (without the quotes) in the address bar. Once that page loads, enter "findamo" (also without quotes) into the search bar. Any entries it finds, right click on them and select Reset. Don't worry about the Warranty warning when about:config opens. Simply click on "I'll be careful, I promise".

sparky121 15:49 PM 07 May 12

Northumbria61 you have lost me a bit if i type about:config into the address bar it brings up just the google search page then i type findamo and it brings up the search results but doesnt give me the right click options you mention or am i doing something wrong?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 vs Xperia Z5 Premium vs Xperia Z5 Compact: What's the difference between Sony's new ?…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get $800 of free online Nuke and VRay rendering from Google Zync

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone