Find New Hardware Wizard flashes adding usb device

padi 10:58 16 Aug 07

Use Windows XP Home SP2. Motherboard/BIOS completely up to date. When I try to add any USB device the Find New Hardware Wizard flashes continually and devices are therefore not loaded. The only cure we found was going back to Windows XP SP1 without but everything then changes when upgrading again. Any help would be grateful - have searched internet continually and have found this fault on one site when says about c:\windows\inf file and fixing but do not know how to go about it at all.

Andsome 11:03 16 Aug 07

click here

Scroll down the page

padi 11:14 16 Aug 07

Thanks for this but our problem is not like this. It only actually appears when actually trying to add any USB devices and you cannot do anything except take device out of USB port. I am told it is a driver problem with USB - if I check the hardware device manager it does show there is a problem but after reinstalling driver, the problem is still there.

Clapton is God 11:19 16 Aug 07

Do you actually work your way through the new hardware wizard?

There's absolutely no harm in doing so - it's only trying to install generic XP drivers.

You can add any specific drivers (from a CD, for instance) afterwards.

padi 11:22 16 Aug 07

Can't work through hardware wizard as it is continually flashing and does not respond - all you can do is actually cancel!

woodchip 11:22 16 Aug 07

Are the Motherboard Drivers Loaded? As Windows is looking for Drivers

padi 11:31 16 Aug 07

All motherboard drivers loaded and right up to date from MSI site.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…