Find and Install MS ACCESS 97

Peter Cox 11:34 24 Sep 08

I am running on Office 2003 but need to install ACCESS 97 in order to work on a database for a friend who is stuck on Office 97.

Any ideas where I can find a safe copy? I've tried googling but not seen anything I can trust.

I'm assuming that it is ok to install ACCESS 97 on the same machine as ACCESS 2003 ... or do you know better ?

Regards

Peter

PO79 12:26 24 Sep 08

What about the converters click here will they help.

interzone55 12:51 24 Sep 08

The trouble with converting a database is that it's a one way street, once converted to 2003 format there's no going back.

If you're brave you could follow the instructions on the MS page click here

Sea Urchin 13:06 24 Sep 08

It is theoretically possible to "convert to prior version" but it's not at all reliable, so best not to try.

Peter - there are versions of Office 97 available from Amazon for example, but you'd probably have to pay £25 or so. Just a thought - couldn't your friend lend you the disk?

Peter Cox 13:53 24 Sep 08

Thank you so far. Conversion is not a practicable option. The friend works on a corporate system which is not due a tech refresh until next year. I built it originally on that system but no longer work there and need to develop the db further on my own machine.

I'll try Amazon for a copy - thanks.

Does anyone know of any potential conflicts, having 97 and 2003 sitting on the same machine ?

Regards

Peter

Sea Urchin 14:46 24 Sep 08

Shouldn't be a problem having both.

Peter Cox 16:06 24 Sep 08

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac