Finalizing CD

coachse3 16:17 13 Dec 04

Is it possible to finalize a CD-R on a burner other than the one used to copy - on my computer e.g.? [My Marantz CDR6000 copies audio CD superbly but interrupts /closes the finalizing about 20 seconds before it completes - so it can't be used on any other player].
Despairing autophile...

Totally-braindead 18:36 13 Dec 04

I can't say I've heard of this type of problem before, is the disk you're trying to create bigger than the disk you're trying to copy to? This is the only thing I can imagine that would cause the CD writer to close the disk before the burning is completed. If I was you I'd just buy a new CD burner, if you've already got the software and it isn't hardware specific ie just works with your particular CD writer as is the case with some bundled software, a new CD writer is available from here click here they start at about £15

coachse3 12:09 16 Dec 04

Thanks for response.
The problem is when recording 'manual' from vinyl to CD. CD>CD works without any problem. I wondered whether connections could have a role to play?, but haven't yet worked out a way forward.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…