filterspam.co.uk - trying it out

georgemac 18:24 19 Apr 04

I have today started to use the sevice provided by filterspam click here on my main email account which I had almost given up because of the amount of junk I was getting. It was even a pain using mailwasher to mnage it beacuse of the amount of new junk being delivered.

This works by directing all your incoming mail to the filterspam server, where they separate the junk, where it is held and can be viewed for 7 days by logging onto their site before it is deleted.

You then download your mail from their server without all the junk.

It does require you to change your email pop3 settings in your email client so there is a small amount of manual set up required.

Today so far it has worked well for me, the only drawback may be that I don not think it will be free for ever. You can set up multiple accounts if you have children, to delete their junk also.

It also handles webmail accounts, although I have only set up for pop3.

Posting in case some others want to try this service. Please note I won't be able to respond to questions as I will be away for a couple of weeks from tomorrow.

Diodorus Siculus 18:32 19 Apr 04

Interesting; I will be pleased to hear how it goes.

georgemac 19:16 19 Apr 04

once you have it set up you just send and recieve email as normal using outlook/outlook express - there is nothing more to do, unless you want to log on to the spamfilter mail service to view the spam that the service has withheld.

georgemac 12:25 22 Apr 04

seems to do exactly what is says so far - I have checked the spam mail and found some from dabs etc which is not spam, so just select as good and then it stays in your mailbox.

Well impressed with the service so far - will be ideal for a childs email account.

georgemac 17:05 10 May 04

at getting rid of spam with no fuss - highly recommended. Thread ticked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…