Filters for PC fans?

Gary 23:52 18 Aug 03

I have a fairly high end PC with lots of components and so have lots of fans inside my case. Whilst these are effectively keeping everything cool, they are also making the dust build up in the case at an alarming rate! I'm just wondering if anyone knows if/where I can get some dust filters to fit over the case fans to catch the dust, so that I can just remove and clean them every few months rather than having to open the case and clean everything thoroughly. If anyone can advise that they are available, have you used them? Are they effective? Do they reduce airflow and thus the effectiveness of cooling by the fans?

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Gary

Djohn 23:55 18 Aug 03

Yep! they do them, saw them in a thread a couple of months back, just need to find the link now! :o(

Djohn 23:58 18 Aug 03

click here this is one site, so there must be others. j.

Djohn 00:03 19 Aug 03

click here UK site. j.

The Sack 01:55 19 Aug 03

if you place a filter on it just cuts the air flow something cruel, it is more effective to just blow it out of the case every other month

jazzypop 07:08 19 Aug 03

Cooling inside your case is achieved y displacing the heated air inside with cooler air from outside. Fitting an effective dust filter will dramatically reduce the amount of air that will be able to flow through each vent. Oh yes, and the filters that I have seen are fitted inside the case, so you will still have to remove the case to clean them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…