IS Filter Callout

xquest 14:52 21 May 08

My friend, using a laptop and desktop on a wireless network, suddenly finds she can't get any internet or email access on the laptop. She gets a message 'IS Filter Callout'. The desktop is OK. If she alters the laptop access to 'Allow all network traffic' it accesses the internet OK (but the security is switched off in that case, I think).
Anyone got a solution ?

xquest 18:45 23 May 08

My friend seems to have solved it. She says:
"I went in <my programs> then <security> then <help> and several menu's came up,
I clicked on <troubleshooting> then <internet shield> then <application control>,
in the information I clicked on the link for 'allow and log mode' and it displayed this info:

Allow and log mode
When you use Application Control to allow and log all new applications that connect to the internet, Application Control does not prompt you to select whether you want to allow or deny connections, but it adds all applications to the list under the Connecting tab.

It then tells you how to change them so I went in to the <Internet shield> page of the main user interface, clicked <configure> beside <applications allowed/denied>, then 'advanced settings' windows opens, then clicked <internet shield application control page> and found that the internet explorer was at 'deny' and changed it to 'allow'.
This has worked as of yet and my security is no longer jeopardized."
Hope this is useful.

brundle 18:59 23 May 08

Thanks for posting the solution, could come in very handy for someone.

mg6677 15:06 31 Dec 08

I'm having the same problem. Where do I find "my programs" to do this? Forgive me, I'm not extremely computer literate.

xquest 15:48 31 Dec 08

Ah. I am afraid that, on examination, the lady with the problem in the first place was possibly using a firewall by Shaw Communications, a Canadian company. So the instructions probably apply to finding your way through their help menus. I'll try to contact her - a friend of my wife who we probably won't see until around 7th. January. (I Googled 'internet shield' )
The Shaw Corp. is at click here
assuming, of course that this is the software you are using.
I'll come back on this when I have spoken to her.

xquest 21:18 13 Jan 09

Sorry for the delay, mg6677, but my contact is very elusive. Shan't be seeing her until 21st. Jan.
I hope that you have managed to solve the problem but I will ask her just in case you are still having problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009